How to clean the engine room of the car to make it more secure? Perform cleaning on a car engine room is not the same as cleaning other parts of the car. There are special tips in order to keep the car safe and protected from short circuit that can damage electrical components. Although almost all vehicles have components made watertight still we must be vigilant and be careful when cleaning the car engine room.
What to Look For Before Washing the Car Engine Room
- Before you do the washing on the car make sure there is no power that is still working on your car, because water is a conductor who can conduct and electricity well. Thus it has been often the case when you do not realize it.
- Turn off and unplug the key contacts if necessary disconnect the battery. If you have done this is definitely not going to happen surge when you flush the component parts in the engine room.
- Preferably at the time of washing machine make sure the situation is not too warm or cold. If it is too hot, please wait for a while and if it is too cold should briefly turn your car engine.
- Cover all critical components and components that can generate electricity by using plastic or foil. As an example of what you need to cap such as air suction hole, coil, spark plug wires, coil sensor, and others.
- We recommend to clean the room on the engine using the engine degreaser. This cleanser has a lot of selling in various automotive stores in all regions. use a small brush or a soft brush to clean the car engine.
- Mix with water and detergent cleaners. then rinse clean the partially, this meant that the liquid detergent does not dry out first which can cause the crust on the car so it is difficult to remove.
- Please rinse all parts that have been washed before using the spray water that is not too tight, this meant that important not to spray on the car.
- Please wipe all parts of the car to dry. Before installing the battery connection or plug contacts make sure the parts in the engine room there is no more water left, if there is still water will lead to surge.