How to clean the engine room of the car to make it more secure? Perform cleaning on a car engine room is not the same as cleaning other parts of the car. There are special tips in order to keep the car safe and protected from short circuit that can damage electrical components. Although almost all vehicles have components made watertight still we must be vigilant and be careful when cleaning the car engine room.
What to Look For Before Washing the Car Engine Room
- Before you do the washing on the car make sure there is no power that is still working on your car, because water is a conductor who can conduct and electricity well. Thus it has been often the case when you do not realize it.
- Turn off and unplug the key contacts if necessary disconnect the battery. If you have done this is definitely not going to happen surge when you flush the component parts in the engine room.
- Preferably at the time of washing machine make sure the situation is not too warm or cold. If it is too hot, please wait for a while and if it is too cold should briefly turn your car engine.
- Cover all critical components and components that can generate electricity by using plastic or foil. As an example of what you need to cap such as air suction hole, coil, spark plug wires, coil sensor, and others.
- We recommend to clean the room on the engine using the engine degreaser. This cleanser has a lot of selling in various automotive stores in all regions. use a small brush or a soft brush to clean the car engine.
- Mix with water and detergent cleaners. then rinse clean the partially, this meant that the liquid detergent does not dry out first which can cause the crust on the car so it is difficult to remove.
- Please rinse all parts that have been washed before using the spray water that is not too tight, this meant that important not to spray on the car.
- Please wipe all parts of the car to dry. Before installing the battery connection or plug contacts make sure the parts in the engine room there is no more water left, if there is still water will lead to surge.
Preparation Wash Car Engine
- Make sure the car engine in warm (not hot) and when the engine is cold, if possible in warm it first.
- Wrap with plastic electrical parts.
- After the engine is warm, cover parts such as the engine ignition on distributor, alternator, dynamo Stater, spark plug cables and electronic systems. Ignition parts can be closed using sheet plastic bag, tie it with a rubber band or tape to avoid water that can enter. Alternatively, you can also close these parts with aluminum foil, using foil is more easily done because it can be glued to follow the curve of the component. After that, do not forget to check the engine oil cap and stick checker oil (dipstick), if installed properly? This is important so that water does not enter and mix with our car engine oil.
Car Engine Washing Process
After all ignition parts certainly are safe then the engine is ready to be cleaned. The easiest part to be cleaned first is the bottom of the hood to be sprayed with water and after that part of the wall machine. To wash the bottom of the hood just use soap / cream because soap can dissolve dirt mixed with fat and oil. Scrub with a brush rather rough hairy, if it was done immediately rinse with clean water, do not let the soapy water to dry by itself because it will trace. Dry with a cloth so that no water dripping into the machine.
How to Wash Car Engine
- Further washing is washing machine space, we can spray water first and to consider water to be sprayed should not use high pressure (used for steam washing), we simply use the hose to spray with plain water or use a spray bottle that has been unused. Starting from the rear of the engine block and then proceed to the front of the engine. To assist the process of saponification could use a sponge, while the impurities can use a brush or toothbrush to reach the hard part and full of dirt. After that, dry all parts of the machine with a towel.
- Use a spray bottle to spray water
- The whole process should be done carefully. If you doubt this process should be submitted to the salon car. But first check their steps in the car wash machine, when they describe the process seem less professional or unreasonable it may look for another car salon. Ask also guarantees the workmanship when things happen that are not desirable.
Tips or how to wash a car engine parts which must be protected or protected before we flushed the engine.
Similarly More information on How to Safely Clean Space Machine Shop. Hopefully this short guide on procedures for cleaning the engine room of a car can be a reference for you when you want to wash your car. Good luck and hope you keep your car well maintained.